Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Feb. 16th -Holding Lydia for the first time


Mike held Lydia for the first time today. They cuddled for almost an hour and enjoyed each other's company immensely. Mike helped feed Lydia and gave her a binkie to suck on while she was being fed. She loves her binkie.

Lydia was very funny today, when I saw her earlier she was making growling noises like a little kitty. I think she was complaining about her nasal canula because she got her little fingers around it and pulled it out. The nurse told me she had done it twice during her shift as well. I told Lydia to behave, but I don't think she listened.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Mike and Brooke,

    Your girls may be small, but you two have your hands full!

    It is clear to see from the pictures and the messages that you post that you both are focusing every ounce of your love and healing attention on Lydia and Teagan. Up here in Portland, Oregon we too are sending our sweetest baby love to all four of you.

    The very magical bond you are creating through your constant attention to your girls and one another will be the foundation from which your skills as parents are built. You are doing a great job. I give you an "A+"!

    Take care and remember that rest for the two of you is just as important as it is for the twins. (Oh, that is fun to say, "the twins.") Kisses and hugs.

    Love, Deborah, Mark, Brennan, and Whitfield

    ReplyDelete

 

Lydia and Teagan Ahrens