Saturday, April 11, 2009

Getting ready for Easter!

The girls and I prepared for Easter by dying Easter eggs, which we had never done before. I realized as we were preparing for this adventure, that no one in the family like hard-boiled eggs, except me. I wasn't really willing to eat a dozen hard-boiled eggs, so after a quick Google search, we decided to dye raw eggs. It worked fine and we had colorful eggs for the next week...

The girls excited and ready to dye. I made them wear the bunny ears they made in school while we worked, and they were very obliging about it.


Lydia making a pink egg...
notice the stuff on the egg? I didn't remember we didn't have any vinegar, and the box said lemon juice would work, so we juiced lemons (thanks neighbor Bob!), and I forgot to strain the lemon juice for pulp... ooops...


Teagan making a green egg.
I know, the cup is yellow... we couldn't tell what tablets would make which color, so we had to guess. Guess what? We guessed wrong!


Waiting patiently for the eggs to dye...
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Lydia and Teagan Ahrens