Thursday, March 20, 2008

Getting Ready for St. Patrick's Day

Last week, we had to pack a St. Patrick's Day decoration for the girls to bring for sharing. Lydia picked the BIG GREEN HAT, as she calls it. Whatever they bring for sharing has to fit inside their decorated shoe box. (This year, I just used regular adult sized shoe boxes, but some of the smarter parents used BOOT boxes. I am keeping track for next year.) So, of course the hat was too big to fit inside the sharing box. We secured it with a rubber band and sent her off to school.
When she got home, she reported that she had carefully taken the hat out of the box, announced it was a BIG GREEN HAT, that it had no rabbits inside and put it on her head. Then, apparently the other kids started laughing because Lydia related that Teacher Julie said "NO LAUGHING."
Since I can't keep a straight face while she was wearing it, I am not sure how Teacher Julie managed to keep herself or the kids from laughing at Lydia the Leprechaun.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Lydia and Teagan Ahrens