Monday, February 28, 2005

Feb 28th

The girls had a big day today... and I left the camera in the NICU. So, pictures will have to come tomorrow!

Lydia put on her own clothes for the first time today. Since Lydia has become better at regulating her body temperature, she doesn't need to have her temperature monitored by the isolette anymore. Lydia was not very impressed with the whole idea, but I think after not wearing anything, clothes might feel a little strange. The nurses and I picked out the smallest outfit I had brought in, a tiny yellow flowered sleeper. When I got it on her, it was huge! Her little hands disappeared into the sleeves and her feet wouldn't stay in the sleeper's feet. But, she looked adorable and comfortable.

Teagan is finally is room 3 with Lydia! Baby Jose went home, and so Teagan got his spot in the room. She is not on the vapotherm anymore, but is on low-flow air and is doing great. They can't be in the same isolette until they are both getting the same medical care, and Teagan still needs her isolette to help regulate her temperature. But having them in the same room, very close together makes life easier for Mike and I.

Pictures as soon as I get back my camera....

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Lydia and Teagan Ahrens